Pages

Monday 6 August 2012

Rosy's Short Story

                               Rosy's Short Story
by Stormm



Sticky 9 am call time and you could already feel it,

this was so going to be another very hot and sweaty,

much too grimy July 18 2012 hectic wednesday morning.


Complete with the usual suspects:

loud teeth grinding spine tingling construction noises;

both directions of narrow orange pylon lined single lane impatient streets,

accompanied by winding sidewalk ramp detours;

do not enter dead end road closed signs;

dust filled blocked off asphalt avenues savagely dug up;

busy vibrant lanes articulate blasts of menacing heavy metal machinery.


All playing their epic roles as bits of shiny gridlock,

blistering in the heart of a bubbling downtown Toronto.


We were shooting backwards,

so I chose to meet by the Sky Walk entrance on Front Street,

next to a Blue Piano.


I arrived 8:30 am took off my black pinstriped suit jacket,

sat and began performing the song's classically themed chorus

which I originally wrote for plucked strings, on this free temporary piano.


A small crowd gathered as I played while thinking how I had pictured



an epic shot of myself on a white grand piano, but this wasn't that piano.


Maybe we should at least film me playing the chorus, just in case ahh...?


During some improvising of original compositions,

I decided unfortunately it was maybe not.

So I stopped playing for my applauding audience wanting to hear more.


Maria, Jose and Pablo showed up just after nine,

we walked into Jay while picking out the first spot to shoot.

When we got back outside there was no Jay,

panicking I called his cell to learn he had made a wrong turn,

gone underground and crossed the street.


The boys were on time, were the girls gonna show?


Kanza made it first, Vanessa came last.


Make-up went well quickly so shooting commenced.


Those extra two hours I had factored into the schedule

brought us right back on time, but I had to crack that whip,


everything else must go down perfectly smooth.


I guess it did.


Note to self, if you're going to do a complex coordinated movement

on camera in a public space without a permit, try to rehearse it first.


After only a couple attempts and some rapid fire decisions, we got it right.


Vanessa smiled and asked, "do you do this often?" as the swap worked,

while walking off into the sunset, swinging hands together...

http://www.electriksexmusik.com/

  Cast:  Stormm, Kanza Feris, Jay Park, Vanessa Tavares.

Crew:  Jose Rodriguez, Maria Gabby, Pablo Andrade-Carranza

Special Thanks: Le Ti Colibri & Tribal Eye African Gifts (Kensington Market)



<a href="http://fineartamerica.com/art/afro+nude" style="font: 10pt arial; text-decoration: underline;">afro nude art</a>



<a href="http://fineartamerica.com/art/all/orishas/all" style="font: 10pt arial; text-decoration: underline;">orishas art for sale</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment